Thursday, November 1, 2012

Timeline up to Today

This is how I will keep myself busy up until the day I am on a plane headed to a destination that will forever change every aspect of me. I will meticulously keep track of every waking detail of this tedious process. Once I actually leave I will keep all of my loved and worried ones at home up to date on what is happening through this blog. So this is my timeline up until today:

September 20th, 2012- Submitted application
Knocked it out in 5 hours in one night because I knew if it didnt get done that night it wouldnt get done at all
October 16th, 2012- Last recommendation submitted. Interview Scheduled.
The reason why it took so long for my last recommendation to be submitted is only one of the many reasons why I use the word friend very losely. Also, it seemed like my recruiter was waiting at the phone for that last recommendation because no more than 5 minutes after it was submitted I was called and my interview was scheduled for two days later.
October 18th, 2012- Interview conducted. NOMINATED!!!
My interview lasted about an hour and during that same phone call she nominated me. I was only told that my nomination was for a health extension program, my program may entail some food security, I would have to bike long distances, and that if all the legal and medical goes well and timely I could be leaving as early as the day after my graduation, May 5th
October 31st, 2012- Legal Packet arrived
I'm staying on campus and so I have been calling my mom basically everyday making sure she checks the mailbox. Two weeks later it finally came! I worked a 7pm to 7am shift, and went home to pick it up that morning. No, I play no games with this. Time is of the essence and I know the sooner I get everything to them the sooner they will get everything back to me.
November 1st, 2012- Legal Packet sent out
The very next day I went to my campus police dept., had my fingerprints taken, filled out the forms, packaged, sealed and sent everything right back to them. This process requires diligence and commitment.

Now I wait... Hopefully I will hear back from them before the year is out so that I can get my multitude of doctor appointments out of the way before my insurance runs out in January

No comments:

Post a Comment