Monday, November 5, 2012

Peace Corps New Application Process

So many of you applying now may be reading blogs that refer to the old application process & unless you've had enough free time to stalk the site as I have I'm guessing you didnt know about these changes.
The changes occured August 15th 2012 and in a nutshell are:
  • Improved medical review process, your Health History Form will be reviewed before sending out a bunch of papers unrelated to your needs and only applicants who recieve an invite will be asked to get complete a physical and dental examination
  • Number of paper forms reduced, many things being done electronically
  • Invitations will be sent out with a longer lead time giving you more time to prepare

Heres a quick FAQ page on it:
http://www.peacecorps.gov/learn/howvol/stepstoapply/newappfaq/

So I think this is pretty neat. My main hope is that this means all the crazy long medical process stories ive been reading wont apply to me due to these changes. I hope. I know they say the entire application process from start to finish usually takes 9-12 months. Well, I started September 20th and I am really hoping to be leaving no later than May 20th. Thats 8 months, Im thinking wishfully here. 

Patience is a virtue that I am constantly working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment