Tuesday, December 10, 2013

From Africa


When I think of the last time I posted I feel ashamed of myself. I mean how could I lead you all on and then just leave you hanging like that? Well the blame can be equally split between the Peace Corps and Africa. Seriously though guys, my mom can attest for me, two weeks prior to my departure, la Corps de la Paix kindly blessed me with loads of paperwork including some 3 hour long test. Add that to working up until a week before I was scheduled to leave and my much needed but tiring trip to NY and well, I was very busy. But enough of that, I mean aside from you future volunteers out there who may be reading this no one really cares about the stresses behind actually getting here. You all only care about the pictures right? Ok well I will try to upload pictures but as I am writing this I am not actually connected to the internet. The one time I have actually tried connecting to the internet I paid for an hours’ worth of internet and was only granted 20 minutes of usable time because it is SOOO SLOW. What I did discover in those 20 minutes was that no one was worried enough to send an email checking to see if my plane crashed or not. But hey in case you were curious, I am GREAT! I  Aside from a slight bout with food poisoning my health has been faring well. My French is coming along and I really have just been devoting my time to becoming integrated.

 I want to do these posts a little different. I want you to experience Africa through me because I know a lot of my family has never and may never be able to come here. So what I am going to do is try to describe my experiences through all 5 senses; sight, scent, touch, sound, and taste.

I started writing this post July 1st, continued July 12th, posted on July 23rd, 2013. I’m sorry. I mean what else I can really say. Oh well, here you go. Blog moi. Enjoy.

*try to excuse the poor writing, most of my blogging is done after many hours in the African sun. J

No comments:

Post a Comment